- Licensing and purchase
- Can I use the software after expiration of the support contract?
- How to transfer a profiler license from one computer to another?
- Refund policy
Can I use the software after expiration of the support contract?
Perpetual license allows to use the software infinitely, i.e. without a time limitations. An active support contract gives you access to all newly released versions of the software. An active support contact is also required to profile on the advanced platforms, and have access to SaaS-based features.
YourKit uses a rolling release model. It means that the previous version of the software becomes immediately end-of-life as soon as the new version is released. So the expired support contract does not allow to keep using the maintained software.
The use of end-of-life software in particular means:
- The software does not receive any security updates and bug fixes.
- Bugs affecting the software will not be addressed.
- Some features may become unavailable or disabled.
- The software may become incompatible with current operating systems, IDEs, servers and other tools.
- Links to documentation and downloads may become unavailable at any time.
- Software may become incompatible with YourKit cloud services. Activation and other functionality may stop working at any time.
To use the software without interruption and to not miss important security updates and bug fixes, please keep your support contract active. You can always buy a support renewal on your license dashboard, or please contact sales to get a renewal offer.
The subscription model assumes that the software is used as a service (SaaS model), and it is available only within the support contract period. If support is not renewed, the software stops working upon the support expiration.