Changes in version 2022.9
- YourKit Connection Broker
- macOS support
- Linux arm64 support
- Windows arm64 support
- User interface
- Memory profiling
- IDE integration
YourKit Connection Broker
feature We are excited to introduce the new YourKit Connection Broker feature, that makes profiling in clouds, containers and clustered environments super easy and convenient.
The broker greatly simplifies connectivity between profiler UI and profiler agent, and brings extra layer of security and fine-grained control for accessing the profiled applications.
Profiler agent got two new
broker_tokento connect to the broker.
feature One of the major features of the new version is an ability to profile .NET applications natively on macOS. CPU and memory profiling of arm64 and x64 applications is now fully supported on macOS. Now macOS is a first class citizen of YourKit .NET profiling suite.
Linux arm64 support
- feature Profiling on Linux on arm64 architecture is supported.
- feature Profiling on Alpine Linux on arm64 architecture is supported.
Windows arm64 support
- feature .NET profiling of Windows application on arm64 architecture is supported.
- feature Supported profiling of IIS server on Windows arm64. Profiler has native arm64 module for seamless IIS integration.
New agent startup option
listen=noneallows to completely disable incoming TCP connections. This option is automatically applied with YourKit Connection Broker.
- feature Profiler supports ed25519 SSH keys, which are used in the latest OpenSSH servers.
We greatly improved compatibility with the latest OpenSSH servers, by
supporting new cipher algorithms like
[email protected]and many others.
It is now possible to perform SSH authentication through
- feature The Add Remove Connection action has been transformed into the wizard. The wizard brings new YourKit Connection Broker option, allows to build SSH tunnel to the destination host, and improves user experience.
- improvement We have done a great work on optimizing the reading of memory snapshots. Profiler loads memory snapshots up to 30% faster.
- improvement Duplicate strings, Duplicate objects and Inefficient primitive data type usage memory inspections are now up to 5 times faster.
- feature JetBrains Rider 2022.2 is supported.
If you need to specify a lot of agent options, or use same options for multiple projects
you may find useful new
- caveat Support of deprecated .NET Core 2.0 has been removed. Now the minimal support version of .NET Core is 3.0.
win64profiler agent directories have been renamed to
windows-x86-64respectively, to better reflect agent architecture.
Agent startup option
sessionnamehas been renamed to
Deprecation means that we intend to remove the feature or capability from a future release of YourKit .NET Profiler. The feature or capability will continue to work and is fully supported until it is officially removed.
- Support of .NET Core 3.0 and 3.1 has been deprecated and scheduled for removal. .NET Core 3.0 is no longer supported by Microsoft, and .NET Core 3.1 will be discontinued on December 13, 2022.