Feature Request: remember obfuscation value

Questions about YourKit Java Profiler
ArgyVonBargy

Feature Request: remember obfuscation value

Post by ArgyVonBargy »

We're using the jfr deobfuscation feature fairly frequently here and I'm wondering if its possible in a future release to remember the value of the last selected Obfuscator in the Deobfuscator dialot? Even just selecting it once when you first load the profiler would be great - its not much but it would save a few mouse movements that we seem to be doing over - and over - and over.... :)

Thanks.
Anton Katilin

Re: Feature Request: remember obfuscation value

Post by Anton Katilin »

Hi,

How should the dialog work?

Currently, the dialog does not allow to choose an obfuscator other than "None" without specifying the log path. With you suggestion, it seems it should.

Would it work if there was a "Set as default" button/link next to the "Obfuscator" selector, so that the chosen value would be pre-selected for all new sessions/snapshots? I guess this approach might work: unless the log file is specified, no deobfuscation would actually happen.

Maybe a warning should be shown when the user clicks "OK" with selected obfuscator and no log file specified.
ArgyVonBargy

Post by ArgyVonBargy »

Hi,

In my perfect use case:
I'd open YJP, select the obfuscator on the first jfr that I load, select the log path and go no my way.
The next jfr that I load would already have the previously selected obfuscator selected, log path is empty in the dialog, but the file selector defaults to the directory of the last log loaded (which works in enough cases to be a bonus). If no log path is entered, then yes a warning should be displayed to the user.
This would then continue until YJP is shut down and it defaults back to no obfuscator selected.

The idea of having a 'set as default' would also work - but the above scenario would require less changes to the existing dialog :)

Thanks
Anton Katilin

Post by Anton Katilin »

Thank you for the explanation.

We've added a feature request.