Cleaning up Jenkins

Questions about YourKit YouMonitor
IanFrance

Cleaning up Jenkins

Post by IanFrance »

Hello,

Before I can use the Jenkins plugin with our real jobs we need a way to clean up the YouMonitor repositories. For instance, only keeping the logs from 100 jobs. Is this possible with the plugin at the moment? We can write a script of course, but it would be better if the plugin could handle it.

thanks,

Ian
Vladimir Kondratyev

Re: Cleaning up Jenkins

Post by Vladimir Kondratyev »

At the moment we have no tools nor plugin option to limit number of logs in the repository. I've filled corresponded feature request.

What is the reason why you want to delete old logs? Do the repositories have big size?

We always thought that the more logs are in the repository, the more valuable it is. Because you can use the repository for regression analyzes.

Best regards,
Vladimir Kondratyev
YourKit GmbH
http://www.yourkit.com
"Don't get lost in data, get information!"
IanFrance

Re: Cleaning up Jenkins

Post by IanFrance »

Thanks for the quick reply.

I agree that the more logs in the repository the more valuable it is. One of the things I really like about YouMonitor is that history. But, some of the logs could be quite large, and with many builds a day it will all add up. And I would not want to be responsible for our build server running out of disk space! Being able to set the maximum number of logs to some large but finite amount would mean we never had to worry about it again.

regards,

Ian