Fully featured low overhead profiler for Java EE and Java SE platforms.
Easy to use performance and memory .NET profiler for Windows and Linux.
Performance monitoring and profiling of Jenkins, Bamboo, TeamCity, Gradle, Maven, Ant and JUnit.

Unable to capture snapshot from resin

Moderators: Vladimir Kondratyev, Anton Katilin

Unable to capture snapshot from resin

Postby [email protected] » Wed Mar 10, 2021 6:05 pm

I have used YourKit at previous companies and I really like it. I am currently running on a demo version 2020.9-b424. It seems like my company has a license agreement so I will likely be getting a license soon. I have successfully integrated with Eclipse and I have retrieved Snapshots from apps run within Eclipse. I am now trying to retrieve a snapshot from a local J2EE server (resin). I am able to attach and start collecting CPU stats, etc. However, when I click on Capture Performance Snapshot, it starts to communicate with the agent but then consumes 100% CPU. I have let it run for about 10 minutes or so, but it seems like it will not be able to recover. I have to kill the process. It is 100% reproducible on my Mac. Any pointers would be appreciated.
Thanks!
[email protected]

Re: Unable to capture snapshot from resin

Postby Anton Katilin » Wed Mar 10, 2021 7:44 pm

Hello,

Looks like a new issue.

Could you please send to [email protected] the following logs:
- the profiler UI log file ~/.yjp/log/profiler-ui-<pid>.log
- the profiler agent log file ~/.yjp/log/<session name>-<pid>.log

Could you please also check if the problem is reproducible with version 2021.3 EAP: https://www.yourkit.com/eap
Anton Katilin

Re: Unable to capture snapshot from resin

Postby [email protected] » Thu Mar 11, 2021 6:37 pm

Hmmm. The problem went away. It must have known I was collecting logs to send to you so it stopped being difficult. If it reappears I'll know what log files to pick up right away. Thanks for your help.
John
[email protected]

Return to Java Profiler