Fully featured low overhead profiler for Java EE and Java SE platforms.
Easy to use performance and memory profiler for .NET Framework.
Performance monitoring and profiling of Jenkins, Bamboo, TeamCity, Gradle, Maven, Ant and JUnit.

No UI windows shown when launching YourKit, hangs

Moderators: Vladimir Kondratyev, Anton Katilin

No UI windows shown when launching YourKit, hangs

Postby [email protected] » Mon Oct 05, 2020 4:36 pm

Hi, I am using the most recent version 2020.9 but also have an older 2019.x release on macOS Catalina 10.15.7.

When I try to open the profiler from my Applications folder no window shows up and must force quit the application to exit it (normal quit does not work).

I'm not sure of the issue or how to get more debugging information to troubleshoot. I have run it successfully on a second mac I own with the same software version and operating system installed, so I suspect it's something else conflicting but not sure what next steps to take in troubleshooting.
[email protected]

Re: No UI windows shown when launching YourKit, hangs

Postby Anton Katilin » Mon Oct 05, 2020 6:20 pm

We've answered you by email.
Anton Katilin

Postby [email protected] » Tue Oct 06, 2020 2:51 am

Thanks! Finally debugged the root cause, and updated via email. Actually used YourKit to find the root cause!
[email protected]

Postby Anton Katilin » Tue Oct 06, 2020 9:19 am

Thank you for the update.

(The problem was related with another program massively creating files in the tmp directory. This made JVM enumeration with a Java attach API call extremely slow and prevented the UI from showing.)
Anton Katilin

Return to Java Profiler