YourKit Object Explorer Object Value

Questions about YourKit Java Profiler
Anton Katilin

Re: YourKit Object Explorer Object Value

Post by Anton Katilin »

Hi Amit

Thank you very much. We received your email.

Best regards,
Anton
amitmondal

Post by amitmondal »

Hi Anton,

I hope you are doing well. I am writing you regarding the OSGi classloader leak functionality. I am wondering if you need any further assistance on this regard. If I can be of assistance, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Best Regards,
Amit
Anton Katilin

Post by Anton Katilin »

Hello Amit,

Thank you very much for all your cooperation and readiness to help. The work is almost done, I hope a working version will be ready by the next week.

We can share an internal build with the new functionality for early testing when it's ready. On what platform would you run the profiler UI?

In short, what it will be:

- Objects of some OSGi classes (BundleImpl, BundleArchive, Version, loader) will have class-specific presentation immediately shown inline in object explorer, e.g. for BundleImpl it will be the symbolic name, version, .jar file path.

- In particular, bundle class loaders (BundleWiringImpl$BundleClassLoader) will have basic bundle info inline (bundle name, version). If the loader is leaked (not wired to a bundle), this fact will be indicated too.

- A new dedicated inspection to show all leaked OSGi loaders. Alternatively, they will also be easily discoverable via Ctrl+N "BundleClassLoader", then picking those of them which have the leak indication (see above).

- A question: how important is it to have a direct navigation from bundle to loader and vice versa? I mean we may think about adding a popup menu action and a hyperlink for a bundle to open the loader and for a loader to open its bundle. It's similar to how containers and maps offer "open elements" functionality.
Even without it, I guess it will be easy to identify a bundle/a loader in bundle/loader list by the symbolic name.

Best regards,
Anton
amitmondal

Post by amitmondal »

Hi Anton,

Thanks a lot for the detailed explanation on the current progress. It looks promising.

To answer your open questions:
On what platform would you run the profiler UI?
I am currently using Mac.
How important is it to have direct navigation from bundle to loader and vice versa?
Such flexible navigation will be helpful to find the associated classloader of any bundle instance.

I am eagerly looking forward to the working version of profile UI.

Thanks a lot.

Best Regards,
Amit
Anton Katilin

Post by Anton Katilin »

Hi Amit

We've sent you an email with a link to the build for testing.

Best regards,
Anton