Web applications View

Questions about YourKit Java Profiler
jyotik

Web applications View

Post by jyotik »

Hi,

I am using yourkit for memory profiling of my application. I have captured a snapshot and analyzing it. My application
is deployed on Tomcat. When I go to Web Application view I see that 98% objects are listed under "Objects which do not belong to particular web application" and 2% objects are listed under my application.

What does its actually mean? Is it that 98% of objects are created from other application/utility that is deployed on the server? If only 2% objects has been generated by My Application then should I analyze those 2% objects to look for memory leaks?

Please reply..

Thanks
-J Kar
Anton Katilin

Re: Web applications View

Post by Anton Katilin »

Hello J Kar

Which version of the profiler do you use?

What is the Tomcat version?

Could you please provide the problematic snapshot file. Please upload it to dropbox or use a similar service, and send us the download URL. If you can't disclose the URL in this forum please send it to [email protected]

Best regards,
Anton
jyotik

Post by jyotik »

Hi Anton,

Thanks for the quick response.
I am using the latest version of Yourkit (Yourkit Java profiler 2013 build 13070). Tomcat version is 6.0
I have uploaded a snapshot to dropbox and sent mail to [email protected].

Thanks
- J Kar
Anton Katilin

Post by Anton Katilin »

Thank you. We've answered by email.
OperationsConsole

Post by OperationsConsole »

What is the answer?

What does it mean by "Objects which do not belong to particular web application" who create these Objects?
Anton Katilin

Post by Anton Katilin »

They cannot be attributed to a single particular web application. These objects are not retained by a single web application, but are shared between multiple and/or belong to the server core, frameworks, etc.