YouMonitor and AWS elastic agents

Questions about YourKit YouMonitor
bbianchi

YouMonitor and AWS elastic agents

Post by bbianchi »

I am trying to integrate YouMonitor with my Jenkins server, which uses elastic agents on AWS. The agents run 10 build jobs and then self terminate.

I installed the Jenkins YouMonitor Plugin and created a pipeline with build commands wrapped inside of "youMonitor {}" blocks as a test environment.

Unfortunately, It seems the repository data is stored directly on the agents, which as I have explained, are not permanent agents.

Should I create a stage that copies the repository data off the elastic agents and into a central location, say on the Jenkins server itself, before the agent terminates? Or perhaps some other solution?

Please advise. Thank you.
Ilya Kalikin

Re: YouMonitor and AWS elastic agents

Post by Ilya Kalikin »

Hello,
YouMonitor plugin automatically copies its logs from the remote nodes to the Jenkins server.
Are these elastic agents actually Jenkins nodes? If so, then such code should work (from docs):

Code: Select all

node {
  youMonitor {                            
    bat 'mvn install'
  }                                       
}
Do you use some plugin to create and/or connect to the AWS elastic agents? Could you please provide a link.

Please note that it is currently not possible to monitor remote builds which require manual uploading and launching using SSH, SCP or similar tasks, i.e. anything that is not a Jenkins node.
bbianchi

Post by bbianchi »

Thank you for the response. Looks like the data is in fact being copied from the elastic agents back to the Jenkins server. Not sure how I missed it initially.

Please disregard.
Vladimir Kondratyev

Post by Vladimir Kondratyev »

Thank you for the notice.

Best regards,
Vladimir Kondratyev
YourKit GmbH
http://www.yourkit.com
"Don't get lost in data, get information!"