Crash after getting a Memory Snapshot

Questions about YourKit .NET Profiler
Nagilo

Crash after getting a Memory Snapshot

Post by Nagilo »

Hello,

I evaluated the Profiler for .NET. Because it is a quite usefull application our company bought a licence. Now I tried to profiler one of our bigger applications and when I tried to get a snapshot our application is closed without any exception and the profiler says Error - There's no application running at localhost with profiler agent configured to listen on port 2159.

What can I do now??

Background. The application used some threads and .NET remoting to connect to a server application.

Thanks for any hint.

Matthias Heise

AutomationX GmbH
Austria
Anton Katilin

Post by Anton Katilin »

Hello Matthias

Could you please provide more detail on the crash.

In the directory C:\Documents and Settings\<user name>\.ynp\log\ there should be log files, and possibly the error has been logged. Could you please send them to [email protected]

Best regards,
Anton
Nagilo

Post by Nagilo »

I wrote an Email to [email protected] with more details.

Thanks

Matthias
Anton Katilin

Post by Anton Katilin »

Hello Matthias

Could you please try whether version 2.0 (available for download at http://www.yourkit.com/dotnet/download ) solves the problem.

Best regards,
Anton
Nagilo

Post by Nagilo »

Hello,

thanks for the new version. Unfortunately I can't test our application right now because we are working on its base. But I will let you know about our test results later on.

But I found another problem on the new version of your profiler. If you have your screen rotated by 90 degrees so that it matches usual paper format your profiler adjustes wron in position. For example say profile application and the dialog will somehow appear upper left while the input remains at the right position. Or the diagrams within telemetry page will be at the wrong position. Just try it out.

Thanks

Matthias Heise
AutomationX GmbH
Austria
Anton Katilin

Post by Anton Katilin »

Hello,

Could you please post a screenshot illustrating the problem at [email protected]

Best regards,
Anton
Nagilo

Post by Nagilo »

Good morning,

I send an email to the given address. Hope it helps.

Best regards,

Matthias
Rene

Post by Rene »

I have the same problem , is there any solution ?
Rene

Post by Rene »

I have problem with crashing profiled application and I am using 2.06 version . Is there fix for this beahviour . Now is for me memory profiling unusable
Nagilo

Post by Nagilo »

Hello,

I just tested our application with the current version of the profiler (2.0.6) and discovered no problems. DirectX is already running inside our application.

Best regards.

Matthias Heise
Vladimir Kondratyev

Post by Vladimir Kondratyev »

I have problem with crashing profiled application and I am using 2.06 version . Is there fix for this beahviour . Now is for me memory profiling unusable
In the directory C:\Documents and Settings\<user name>\.ynp\log\ there should be log files, and possibly the error has been logged. Could you please send all of them to support(at)yourkit.com. Without these log files it's impossible determine where the problem is.

Best regards,
Vladimir Kondratyev
YourKit, LLC
http://www.yourkit.com
"Don't get lost in data, get information!"
rkarthikeyan

Post by rkarthikeyan »

What is the latest on this issue? I get the same error even when trying with the Demo application.

And I also see that this forum has been inactive for a bit now. Any special reasons?

Is the .NET profiler going to have its next build soon?
Anton Katilin (YourKit)

Post by Anton Katilin (YourKit) »

We'll unleash new version on Friday.
Anton Katilin

Post by Anton Katilin »

Hello,

YourKit Profiler 3.0 for .NET Early Access is available for download at http://www.yourkit.com/dotnet/eap/index.jsp

Best regards,
Anton