Reset memory profiling on remote server

Questions about YourKit Java Profiler
snowfun

Reset memory profiling on remote server

Post by snowfun »

Hi there,

I'm trying to make a memory profile of a few batches on a remote WebSphere Server.
The way im doing it is starting the yourkit client on my desktop, then I connect to WebSphere
and it automatically starts profiling and never stops. Another point is that the profile is only about
an hour - I think i can only change that via the startup option "telemetrylimit=<hours>" ? Is it possible to change that
when the server is already running or do I have to restart it and integrate the yjp.jar again?

best regards
Anton Katilin

Re: Reset memory profiling on remote server

Post by Anton Katilin »

Hi,
I'm trying to make a memory profile of a few batches on a remote WebSphere Server.
The way im doing it is starting the yourkit client on my desktop, then I connect to WebSphere
and it automatically starts profiling and never stops.
Could you please clarify what you mean with "automatically starts profiling and never stops". Profiling modes such as for example CPU profiling does not start automatically, only when you explicitly do so.
What profiling modes do you mean?
Which agent startup options do you apply?
Another point is that the profile is only about an hour - I think i can only change that via the startup option "telemetrylimit=<hours>" ? Is it possible to change that
when the server is already running or do I have to restart it and integrate the yjp.jar again?
This option can be specified only on start, there is no way to alter it in runtime. So yes, to specify a different value please re-run the integration wizard.

Best regards,
Anton