Fully featured low overhead profiler for Java EE and Java SE platforms.
Ultimate profiling and monitoring solution for Gradle, Maven, Ant, JUnit and TestNG.
Easy to use performance and memory profiler for .NET framework.

Using Wall Clock time and UI issues in new Yourkit version

Moderators: Vladimir Kondratyev, Anton Katilin

Using Wall Clock time and UI issues in new Yourkit version

Postby MichaelCohen » Thu Jun 01, 2017 9:18 am

Hi there,
I just started using the latest version after using one of the 2016 editions for a while, and I am frustrated by the UI changes.
Three questions:
1) Where in the Thread view can I set the clock at the bottom to read the wallclock time, not the uptime?
2) How do I change the timescale in the thread view?
3) How do I set the view in the Threads view to show me the threads without intervening text in each line? Each thread line is now two lines - one with the text for "Group, CPU time, started, finished" and then below it the actual coloured bar. How do I get rid of the Group, CPU time, etc line to see more threads on my screen?

The first two things you used to be able to do with a right click in the threads view, but I don't think that right click menu is there any more.

Thanks,
Michael
MichaelCohen

Re: Using Wall Clock time and UI issues in new Yourkit versi

Postby MichaelCohen » Thu Jun 01, 2017 10:21 am

Another problem I am having is this:
Once I select a thread to look at the stack trace, I cannot scroll up and down in the thread view. Every time I scroll away from the selected thread, it snaps back to the selected thread. I cannot figure out how to unselect a thread.
MichaelCohen

Return to Java Profiler