Stable Download Links?

Questions about YourKit Java Profiler
MicahZoltu

Stable Download Links?

Post by MicahZoltu »

I am trying to setup my docker build to include the YourKit agent. I initially setup my Dockerfile to download https://www.yourkit.com/download/yjp-20 ... ux.tar.bz2, but today when I tried to build my service I received an error that the link is broken. A bit of digging shows that there is a new version out, and it appears this one has been taken down.

Where can I get a stable link to YourKit? I would prefer locking to a specific version, but if a "latest" link is the only option I'll accept that as well.
Anton Katilin

Re: Stable Download Links?

Post by Anton Katilin »

Yes, the download page shows the latest version's downloads. It is for users, it is not optimized for a robot.
when I tried to build my service
If you need particular version for an automated scenario please download and host it locally. Just curious: why do you want to download it automatically?
Anton Katilin

Re: Stable Download Links?

Post by Anton Katilin »

Well, I found your previous posting viewtopic.php?f=3&t=27302&p=43352 where you said you needed the agent for a redistribution. Although we could consider hosting a sort of "latest agent and controller redistribution bundle", I believe that you'd better host them elsewhere and manually update to the latest version as necessary. The reason is that if we change anything in the API or agent options etc then anybody depending on your solution might silently get incompatibility problems. This wouldn't happen if you explicitly checked each new release and manually updated it where you host it.