Could not find agent library error

Questions about YourKit Java Profiler
Confused

Could not find agent library error

Post by Confused »

Hi all,

I'm running into trouble trying to attach the library to my hadoop instance.

"Could not find agent library /home/hduser/yourkit/yjp-2015-build-15086/bin/linux-x86-64/libyjpagent.so in absolute path, with error: /home/hduser/yourkit/yjp-2015-build-15086/bin/linux-x86-64/libyjpagent.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory"

The path is correct and I have tried "java -agentpath:/home/hduser/yourkit/yjp-2015-build-15086/bin/linux-x86-64/libyjpagent.so=help" and got the correct help output I expected so I know I am using the correct 64bit library.

I've tried to make sure all permissions are correct as well, does anyone know what is wrong here?

Thanks
Confused

Re: Could not find agent library error

Post by Confused »

Forgot to add my agentpath

-agentpath:/home/hduser/yourkit/yjp-2015-build-15086/bin/linux-x86-64/libyjpagent.so=tracing,dir=/home/hduser/Profiling_Results
Anton Katilin

Post by Anton Katilin »

The error you see comes from JVM. JVM unfortunately does not show exact reason why it cannot load an agent library. We can only guess.

Are you sure it is also a 64-bit Java, as the java you tried in command line? Please try the agent from linux-x86-32.

Does hadoop run under the same user? Perhaps you have enough permissions when running "java -agentpath" from command line but this is not the case for the hadoop.
Confused

Post by Confused »

Hi,

I tried the 32 bit one too but it gave the error that it was the wrong architecture so I am definitely 64 bit.

I changed the config file I had, I think the error may have been because of a space at the end of the -agentpath I pasted in because now I am not getting an agent not found error but a Hadoop error instead. Thanks for helping me with my problem, I'll be careful of spaces in the future!
Anton Katilin

Post by Anton Katilin »

Thank you for the notification that the problem has been solved!