IntelliJ Profile button opens new window each time

Questions about YourKit Java Profiler
donw

IntelliJ Profile button opens new window each time

Post by donw »

Hi,

I'm experiencing an annoying behaviour with the intellij -> Yourkit integration.

When I use the Profile button to start up my app with YourKit profiling, it starts a new instance of YourKit rather than attaching to the existing one. I end up with several MainExt windows with the traditional Java logo, rather than YourKit windows. This happens most of the time, but not all the time.

I don't know what the pattern is. YourKit still works fine in this generic window, so it's in no way a showstopper, it's just annoying, particularly since cmd-tabbing between things the app being profiled and the profiler have the same icon.

Env is:
* Mac OS X Yosemite (I think I never noticed this before Yosemite)
* Intellij IDEA 14.1.4 (I don't think I ever noticed this before 13)
* Tomcat 8 is the app server being started by the Intellij run configuration in question
* Yourkit Java Profiler 2015 build 15068. I had this with the build I was using too but I don't know what it was. I think an April build.

I wish I'd paid more attention and reported this the first time I saw it so I could be more confident in pointing the finger at IDEA/OS X versions. I haven't tested any other environments but I assume, given that it's pretty annoying, and I couldn't find any other reports of it, that it's particular to at least one of yosemite/osx.
donw

Re: IntelliJ Profile button opens new window each time

Post by donw »

I may have figured this out myself. I've just noticed that I didn't pull YourKit into Applications. Maybe that's the key factor?
Anton Katilin

Post by Anton Katilin »

Hello donw

It's a bug. It will be fixed in the next build 15070.

Best regards,
Anton
Anton Katilin

Post by Anton Katilin »

Hello Don,

We've just released the build 15070 with the fix:
http://www.yourkit.com/download

Could you please confirm the problem is gone.

Best regards,
Anton