Fully featured low overhead profiler for Java EE and Java SE platforms.
Performance monitoring and profiling of Jenkins, TeamCity, Gradle, Maven, Ant, JUnit and TestNG.
Easy to use performance and memory profiler for .NET framework.

Eclipse Working Directory Error

Moderators: Vladimir Kondratyev, Anton Katilin

Eclipse Working Directory Error

Postby wcrisman » Mon Sep 27, 2004 11:44 pm

I have successfully installed and setup to profile applications in eclipse. I am unable to get the startup of the application via the profile menu to use the proper working directory. This is of course causing errors in finding the property files required to run the application. I checked the path and it is pointing to my OS home directory instead of the path I have set in the run dialog under 'working directory'. Is there a fix for this? I am running Eclipse 3.0 build 200406251208 on win2k with yourkit 3.0 build 431.
wcrisman

Postby Anton Katilin » Tue Sep 28, 2004 8:43 am

Hi,

I've tried the following example with the same Eclipse and YourKit versions as yours, and it worked fine.

-------------------

import java.io.File;

public class MainClass {
public static void main(String[] args) throws Exception {
System.out.println(new File(".").getCanonicalPath());
}
}

---------------------

This code prints working directory. All changes in "Profile" -> "Arguments" -> "Working directory" are properly reflected for me.

Could you please provide more details regarding the case when you experience the problem?
Anton Katilin

Postby wcrisman » Tue Sep 28, 2004 3:52 pm

I found the problem. I had earlier installed the Hydes plugin which was not playing nice with YourKit. I disabled it and the profiling output for the test code appears to be correct now.

Thank you for the help.
Wynne
wcrisman

Postby Vladimir Kondratyev » Tue Sep 28, 2004 4:29 pm

Couldn't you please send us URL where we can download "Hydes" plugin... Perhaps we could implement some workaround to make our users' life as comfortable as possible (even with "Hydes" plugin) :)
Vladimir Kondratyev

Postby wcrisman » Tue Sep 28, 2004 5:16 pm

Sorry... I miss spelled that. The Hyades (not a word I spell often) project is one of the eclipse tools projects and can be found at http://www.eclipse.org/tools/index.html
wcrisman

Return to Java Profiler