Fully featured low overhead profiler for Java EE and Java SE platforms.
Performance monitoring and profiling of Jenkins, TeamCity, Gradle, Maven, Ant, JUnit and TestNG.
Easy to use performance and memory profiler for .NET framework.

Exception when trying to profile with IntelliJ IDEA

Moderators: Vladimir Kondratyev, Anton Katilin

Exception when trying to profile with IntelliJ IDEA

Postby keithkml » Thu Sep 16, 2004 9:15 pm

When I try to profile an application in IntelliJ IDEA, with the plugin that YourKit installed, I get the message every time:

Exception in thread "YJP RequestServer" java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: no yjpagent in java.library.path
at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadLibrary(ClassLoader.java:1682)
at java.lang.Runtime.loadLibrary0(Runtime.java:822)
at java.lang.System.loadLibrary(System.java:992)
at com.yourkit.runtime.RequestServer.startServerImpl(RequestServer.java:189)
at com.yourkit.runtime.RequestServer.access$000(RequestServer.java:17)
at com.yourkit.runtime.RequestServer$1.run(RequestServer.java:58)

I think this might be because I pass a -Djava.library.path to my application.

I can fix this by adding "C:\Documents and Settings\Keith Lea\Desktop\yjp-3.0-eap-build427\bin" to the java.library.path property.

Is this the place to report bugs like this, or is there a bug report form I should use?
keithkml

Re: Exception when trying to profile with IntelliJ IDEA

Postby Vladimir Kondratyev » Fri Sep 17, 2004 4:31 am

Thank you very much for reporting this issue.

keithkml wrote:I think this might be because I pass a -Djava.library.path to my application.

Couldn't you please send us full output from IDEA console (including the string which is generated by IDEA to launch your application)

keithkml wrote:Is this the place to report bugs like this, or is there a bug report form I should use?

Yes. It's possible to report bugs here or send bug reports to [email protected]
Vladimir Kondratyev

Postby keithkml » Fri Sep 17, 2004 4:56 am

Here is the IDEA command line:

"C:\Program Files\Java\jdk1.5.0\bin\java" -ea -Xcheck:jni -Djava.library.path=lib -Xrunyjpagent:port=10001,sessionname=PartyPad^s(launched^sfrom^sIDEA) -Didea.launcher.port=7533 "-Didea.launcher.library=C:\Program Files\IDEA-EAP\bin\breakgen.dll" -Dfile.encoding=windows-1252 -classpath "C:\Documents and Settings\Keith Lea\My Documents\Devel\PartyPad\classes;C:\Documents and Settings\Keith Lea\My Documents\Devel\java-synaptics\java-synaptics\source\classes;C:\Program Files\Java\jdk1.5.0\jre\lib\charsets.jar;C:\Program Files\Java\jdk1.5.0\jre\lib\deploy.jar;C:\Program Files\Java\jdk1.5.0\jre\lib\javaws.jar;C:\Program Files\Java\jdk1.5.0\jre\lib\jce.jar;C:\Program Files\Java\jdk1.5.0\jre\lib\jsse.jar;C:\Program Files\Java\jdk1.5.0\jre\lib\plugin.jar;C:\Program Files\Java\jdk1.5.0\jre\lib\rt.jar;C:\Program Files\Java\jdk1.5.0\jre\lib\ext\dnsns.jar;C:\Program Files\Java\jdk1.5.0\jre\lib\ext\localedata.jar;C:\Program Files\Java\jdk1.5.0\jre\lib\ext\sunjce_provider.jar;C:\Program Files\Java\jdk1.5.0\jre\lib\ext\sunpkcs11.jar;C:\Documents and Settings\Keith Lea\My Documents\Devel\PartyPad\lib\winlaf-0.4.1.jar;C:\Documents and Settings\Keith Lea\My Documents\Devel\PartyPad\lib\forms_rt.jar;C:\Program Files\IDEA-EAP\lib\idea_rt.jar" com.intellij.rt.execution.application.AppMain net.kano.partypad.PartyPad

I specify these VM arguments in IDEA:
-ea -Xcheck:jni "-Djava.library.path=lib"
keithkml

Postby Vladimir Kondratyev » Fri Sep 17, 2004 11:41 am

We have managed to reproduce and fix this problem. Bugfix build #429 will be uploaded today.
Vladimir Kondratyev

Return to Java Profiler