What's in the pipeline for the .NET profiler?

Questions about YourKit .NET Profiler
kll

What's in the pipeline for the .NET profiler?

Post by kll »

Hi,

It would be nice to know what's in the pipeline in regard to development of the .NET profiler. There doesn't seem to be any developer blog and the news archive of Yourkit is pretty sparse on news so it's hard to predict what to expect from future versions. Or even worse, it makes the development and product look stale.
Tobbe

Re: What's in the pipeline for the .NET profiler?

Post by Tobbe »

I would like to make a suggestion for upcoming release.

- When you select a "row" (method/property call) in any snapshot. It would be magical if we could have a quickview window to show the code for that selected item (Think its called a decompiler). One of you competitor have this and it is very useful for checking that the correct assembly (modified code when debugging) is loaded when loading assemblies dynamically.
kll

Post by kll »

Tobbe wrote:I would like to make a suggestion for upcoming release.

- When you select a "row" (method/property call) in any snapshot. It would be magical if we could have a quickview window to show the code for that selected item (Think its called a decompiler). One of you competitor have this and it is very useful for checking that the correct assembly (modified code when debugging) is loaded when loading assemblies dynamically.
This (that is, decompilation of any profiled code) is indeed a great suggestion that I was going to make myself but Tobbe was faster. Unfortunately, I personally don't get the impression that YourKit would actively be developing the .NET Profiler. Why? Look at the news archive: the last entry for the .NET profiler was over a year ago. Want to find out what is actually going on with the development? Well there is no company blog. FInally, take look at this thread. Not a single company employee has bothered to reply.
Tobbe

Post by Tobbe »

kll wrote:This (that is, decompilation of any profiled code) is indeed a great suggestion that I was going to make myself but Tobbe was faster. Unfortunately, I personally don't get the impression that YourKit would actively be developing the .NET Profiler. Why? Look at the news archive: the last entry for the .NET profiler was over a year ago. Want to find out what is actually going on with the development? Well there is no company blog. FInally, take look at this thread. Not a single company employee has bothered to reply.
Yep think your right. Anton usually response within the same day at latest next morning.