Fully featured low overhead profiler for Java EE and Java SE platforms.
Performance monitoring and profiling of Jenkins, TeamCity, Gradle, Maven, Ant, JUnit and TestNG.
Easy to use performance and memory profiler for .NET Framework.

How to analyze snapshots with many sleeps?

Moderators: Vladimir Kondratyev, Anton Katilin

How to analyze snapshots with many sleeps?

Postby ayelet » Thu Jun 30, 2005 6:58 am

This is probably a newbie's question.

I profiled an application's CPU and saw that a lot of the time being spent in the Thread.sleep and Selector.select (non blocking) calls.

It happens both is tracing and in smapling.

The application took ~50% of the machine's CPU at the time, so I figure it's not only sleeping and waiting for connections.

How can I remove these calls from the tree so the 100% run time will not include them and I can see the real places the application is wasting its time?

Thanks in advance for any idea
ayelet

Postby Vladimir Kondratyev » Thu Jun 30, 2005 7:51 am

Code: Select all
How can I remove these calls from the tree so the 100% run time will not include them

Try to use early access version (http://www.yourkit.com/eap/) of profiler. CPU profiling quality is already greatly improved in EAP version (in Windows and Solaris)
Vladimir Kondratyev

Return to Java Profiler