Open declaration in Visual Studio

Questions about YourKit .NET Profiler
fireOut

Open declaration in Visual Studio

Post by fireOut »

Hi, I'm using a trial licence to evaluate the profiler and the Open declaration in visual studio feature seems buggy... I know there is a recent post on this but I think the problem I have is different.

Most of the time, when I F7, it crashes my VS2008. I got it working using a freshly loaded instance for 2 or 3 times, but after that, the next try crashed my VS again...

I've been trying to find a pattern, but I couldn't, I have multiple assembly on my solution, opening any of them crashed at least once...
I tried while my solution was running as well as when it wasn't and... same thing...

I got an Event logged on the Event Viewer when it crashes... Maybe it can help:

Faulting application devenv.exe, version 9.0.30729.1, time stamp 0x488f2b50, faulting module ntdll.dll, version 6.0.6002.18005, time stamp 0x49e03821, exception code 0xc0000374, fault offset 0x000afaf8, process id 0xe70, application start time 0x01cafd93f9ef9595.

Thanks
Anton Katilin

Re: Open declaration in Visual Studio

Post by Anton Katilin »

Hello,

This is a new issue.

We need to reproduce it. Could you please provide as much detail as possible.

First, could you please send profiler log files to [email protected]
They are located in <user home>\.ynp\log

Second, could you please describe what kind of symbol you tried to open: method, class, field?

Was it a C# project?

Best regards,
Anton
fireOut

Post by fireOut »

I'm sending the log right now.
Anton Katilin wrote:We need to reproduce it. Could you please provide as much detail as possible.
When I F7 (or click the link, or use the menu) I get the normal Vista 'Application has stopped working... Trying to resolve the problem...'

I get a popup (send with the logs) with yourkit when that happends. As I said, it is not crashing everytime... I've been trying to find a constant way to reproduce it... but I could. But so far, it crashed about once on 2 tries.
Anton Katilin wrote:Second, could you please describe what kind of symbol you tried to open: method, class, field?

Was it a C# project?
Yes it is a C# project. I've been trying with methods, fields... but for most fields, it opened the file at the class level...

You'll have the detailed version number in the logs... Tell me if you need any specific information.

Thanks
fireOut

Post by fireOut »

I also noticed that it seems to crash more often when I'm trying to access a static method.

I have ReSharper 5.0 installed with VisualStudio... It has a External Source Navigation feature that I though might interfere, but I disabled it and tried once more and had the same problem..