[Build 610] Unable take snapshots

Questions about YourKit Java Profiler
Johan

[Build 610] Unable take snapshots

Post by Johan »

Hi,

I have tried EAP Build 610 on our Linux test server without any problems, but when I tried the agent on our new live server with Dual-Core Intel processors I got a strange message.
The agent starts and the GUI connects to the remote host without any errors, but when I try to take a memory snapshot I get the following message:

Code: Select all

Cannot send request to [remote ip]:[remote port]
Reason: Error unmarshaling return header; nested exception is:
java.io.EOFException
There are no traces in the Tomcat log that the agent received any information from the client application.
uname -a reports:

Code: Select all

Linux [hostname] 2.6.9-5.0.3.ELsmp #1 SMP [Time] i686 i686 i386 GNU/Linux
Regards,
Johan Hagelbäck
Developer
Travelstart Nordic
Vladimir Kondratyev

Post by Vladimir Kondratyev »

Hi Johan,

I do not think that multicore or monocore CPU matters. Please make sure that agent and UI are from the same build.

Regards,
Vladimir
Johan

Post by Johan »

The same GUI installation and the same agent are tested on our test server without problems, and the builds are the same.
Vladimir Kondratyev

What is the version of Java (full output of "java -version") on UI side and on Tomcat side? Please also try build #614 (there was a lot of changes since #610).
Johan

Post by Johan »

When I updated to build 614 I cannot connect to Tomcat. I just got a message that telemetry cannot be used since I don't use java 5, and then nothing happens.
Sascha Weinreuter

Post by Sascha Weinreuter »

I have the same problem with 614, I can't connect to an application that's running under JDK 1.4.2 (1.4.2_03-b02 - I know, kinda old) by File -> Open profiling Session -> local. Nothing happens except some popup that says that "Telemetry is not available".

BTW: Clicking on the "Don't show this message any more" link doesn't work either.
Vladimir Kondratyev

:oops: definitely it's a bug. It's fixed in next build #616. I think it will be available for download in a couple of hours. As temporary workaround you can use Java 5.0. Thank you very much for reporting this problem!

Regards,
Vladimir
Vladimir Kondratyev

build #616 is ready. Please try it.

Regards,
Vladimir
Sascha Weinreuter

Post by Sascha Weinreuter »

Yep, connecting to an 1.4 application works now.

The "Do not show this message any more" in the "Telemetry is not available" popup still doesn't do anything though.

Sascha
Vladimir Kondratyev

"Telemetry is not available" popup still doesn't do anything though
it's known problem. I hope we'll fix it in a nearest future.

--vladimir