Min screen size?

Questions about YourKit .NET Profiler
Tobbe

Min screen size?

Post by Tobbe »

Hi tried yourkit on a 10" portable, but mainscreen does not fit. Whats the min size supported? About to purcheas a portable...
Vladimir Kondratyev

Re: Min screen size?

Post by Vladimir Kondratyev »

We think 1024x768 is a minimum screen resolution. Profiler UI is intended to run on developer PC, not on internet tablet. All the testing is performed in 1280*1024. What is screen resolution on your laptop?
Tobbe

Post by Tobbe »

Vladimir Kondratyev wrote:We think 1024x768 is a minimum screen resolution. Profiler UI is intended to run on developer PC, not on internet tablet. All the testing is performed in 1280*1024. What is screen resolution on your laptop?
Im aiming for a 1366 x 768 (11,6") < resolution so it looks like im in the clear. I tried it on a quite small project, have to say that yourkit worked well on a intel atom processor!
Anton Katilin

Post by Anton Katilin »

Could you please provide a screenshot of what you see (could you please send it to [email protected]). The picture can differ depending on fonts and other related Windows settings.
Tobbe

Post by Tobbe »

Anton Katilin wrote:Could you please provide a screenshot of what you see (could you please send it to [email protected]). The picture can differ depending on fonts and other related Windows settings.
Will do, once i get home.

Dont get me wrong, im not reporting a bug here. I was just curious what minimum resolution yourkit supported!
Anton Katilin

Post by Anton Katilin »

We tested with 1024*768, and UI elements seem to fit. However, different Windows UI settings such as fonts can make elements taller, thus causing problems with panels such as Welcome screen and Summary panel. Also, different Windows versions seem to have different task bar height, which can affect the situation too.

So, we'd recommend screen resolution with at least 800 pixels height. However, most likely you will be able to use screens with 768 pixels of height too.