Incomplete calling stack information

Questions about YourKit .NET Profiler
jpg

Incomplete calling stack information

Post by jpg »

Hello,

Currently evaluating the product, so my question may be because of a lack of configuration. After profiling an ASP.NET application, I go to the method list and I filter to get String.ToUpper(). In the Back Traces below, I do not see all the direct callers of this method. For example, I know function A calls it directly during the scenario sampled, and it is not shown, whereas function B, that calls directly function C that calls function A, is shown.

I was wondering whether that could be because the only code in function B is the call to function C, so it is so quick that it loses track, but since stack trace is not related with profiler sampling rate, I do not think this can be it. I thought it could be because the library containing A had not PDB, but that is not the case, and I know for sure that it is loaded even before I started profiling, since it is very low level.

Thanks in advance for any help,

JP Gouigoux
Anton Katilin

Re: Incomplete calling stack information

Post by Anton Katilin »

Hello JP Gouigoux

Please try changing the filters:
http://www.yourkit.com/docs/net50/help/filters.jsp

Best regards,
Anton
jpg

Re: Incomplete calling stack information

Post by jpg »

Thanks, Anton. That was the problem indeed. I thought the selected items showed the filtered IN methods, but realized after they show the filtered OUT ones.

Cheers,

JP