profile multiple dllhost.exe (COM+)

Questions about YourKit .NET Profiler
halomoan

profile multiple dllhost.exe (COM+)

Post by halomoan »

Hi

Since I need to see the call hierarchy of the classes/methods inside the running COM+, I enabled CPU trace.
I configured the YourKit startup with "Startup with tracing". The problem is not all profiled dllhost.exe started with CPU Profiling thus I can see the call hierarchy class. Only 1 dllhost.exe started with CPU profiling while the others need my action to enable it.

How can I enable this automatically instead having to click on each dllhost.exe and run the CPU profiling?
And how to save the snapshot automatically. The dllhost.exe get terminated soon before I have the chance to save the snapshot.

Thank you.

Halomoan
Vladimir Kondratyev

Re: profile multiple dllhost.exe (COM+)

Post by Vladimir Kondratyev »

Only 1 dllhost.exe started with CPU profiling while the others need my action to enable it.
Please describe in more details what does "need my action to enable it" mean? Do you see dllhost.exe on "Welcome" screen?
How can I enable this automatically instead having to click on each dllhost.exe and run the CPU profiling?
And how to save the snapshot automatically. The dllhost.exe get terminated soon before I have the chance to save the snapshot.
On "Welcome" screen you can edit startup option and specify that CPU profiling is enabled right from application startup. CPU snapshot is saved automatically on application exit if CPU profiling was started.