Problems loading snapshots.

Questions about YourKit .NET Profiler
Henrik

Problems loading snapshots.

Post by Henrik »

Hello.
I have trouble opening a captured snapshot.

When I chose to take a snapshot with YourKit 4.0.2 ill get an error. It saves a snapshot but shows a message box that states that the snapshot isn’t a valid file.

I also get a notification in YourKit that there have been an internal error in the profiled application just before the snapshot fails to show.

I have uploaded snapshot, and log files this day to your ftp server (Henrik.zip).

Is there anything I might have missed?

/Henrik
Vladimir Kondratyev

Re: Problems loading snapshots.

Post by Vladimir Kondratyev »

Dear Henrik,

we are investigating this issue. Unfortunately without test case which reproduces this crash, it's _extremely_ hard to fix this problem. Couldn't you please provide us AgdaPS.exe which reproduces the crash? We just need compiled executable without any source code. We can sign NDA if needed.

Thank you in advance.
Vladimir Kondratyev

Dear Henrik,

just a follow-up to my previous post. Can you provide us application which reproduces the crash?
Vladimir Kondratyev

We have just released version 4.0.3 which should fix this issue http://www.yourkit.com/.net/profiler/index.jsp. Please try it and confirm that the problem is gone.
Tobbe

Post by Tobbe »

Hi

We would like to "reopen" this issue. When taking a snapshot we get "internal error" and when trying to open the saved snapshot it says "not a valid snapshot". This is in version 4.5.4
Vladimir Kondratyev

Please do the following steps:

1) Delete all files in %USER_HOME%\.ynp\log directory
2) Reproduce internal error
3) Send us all the files in %USER_HOME%\.ynp\log directory

Please do not try to load corrupted snapshot. It will be much much better if you provide us application which reproduces internal error.