Using YourKit .NET in a VMWare Player virtual machine

Questions about YourKit .NET Profiler
jeoffh

Using YourKit .NET in a VMWare Player virtual machine

Post by jeoffh »

I have been using the trial version of YourKit .NET on a Virtual Machine to trace memory usage. Today I copied the the VM files to a different computer, ran it, and when I ran YourKit from within the same VM I got a dialog box that stated my license key was for a different computer - I was forced to get a new key. This is not a problem for me right now because I am using the trial license, but I would like to know if this will be an issue when I purchase a license? Please note that I did not change the VM when I got the pop-up for another license, I only copied it to another computer and ran the VM there when it forced me to get a new license...
Vladimir Kondratyev

Post by Vladimir Kondratyev »

Dear jeoffh,

evaluation license is bound to hardware configuration, but regular license is not. It means that non-evaluation license allows to transfer profiler installation from one machine to another.

Best regards,
Vladimir Kondratyev
YourKit, LLC
http://www.yourkit.com
"Don't get lost in data, get information!"
jeoffh

Post by jeoffh »

I bought it and have not had any problems since so I think it works on the VM now. It didn't always fail with the license so it is hard to prove that it didn't not work (double negative intended).