Fully featured low overhead profiler for Java EE and Java SE platforms.
Ultimate profiling and monitoring solution for Gradle, Maven, Ant, JUnit and TestNG.
Easy to use performance and memory profiler for .NET framework.

Using YourKit .NET in a VMWare Player virtual machine

Moderators: Vladimir Kondratyev, Anton Katilin

Using YourKit .NET in a VMWare Player virtual machine

Postby jeoffh » Tue Jun 24, 2008 8:01 pm

I have been using the trial version of YourKit .NET on a Virtual Machine to trace memory usage. Today I copied the the VM files to a different computer, ran it, and when I ran YourKit from within the same VM I got a dialog box that stated my license key was for a different computer - I was forced to get a new key. This is not a problem for me right now because I am using the trial license, but I would like to know if this will be an issue when I purchase a license? Please note that I did not change the VM when I got the pop-up for another license, I only copied it to another computer and ran the VM there when it forced me to get a new license...
jeoffh

Postby Vladimir Kondratyev » Wed Jun 25, 2008 9:51 am

Dear jeoffh,

evaluation license is bound to hardware configuration, but regular license is not. It means that non-evaluation license allows to transfer profiler installation from one machine to another.

Best regards,
Vladimir Kondratyev
YourKit, LLC
http://www.yourkit.com
"Don't get lost in data, get information!"
Vladimir Kondratyev

Postby jeoffh » Sat Aug 16, 2008 5:01 pm

I bought it and have not had any problems since so I think it works on the VM now. It didn't always fail with the license so it is hard to prove that it didn't not work (double negative intended).
jeoffh

Return to .NET Profiler