Licences on remotely profiled application

Questions about YourKit .NET Profiler
langdall

Licences on remotely profiled application

Post by langdall »

Hi,

I plan to use YourKit to remotely profile QA, Pre Prod and Production ASP.Net application.

Is there a way to start the profiler on the remote server without using the profiler client application?

And if not, do i have to buy a licence for the remote server only to start profiling and another one for the client that connects to the profiled application?

In this scenario, i am only profiling one application using one profiler client.

Thank you
Anton Katilin

Post by Anton Katilin »

Hello,
Is there a way to start the profiler on the remote server without using the profiler client application?
No.
And if not, do i have to buy a licence for the remote server only to start profiling and another one for the client that connects to the profiled application?
Yes.

Best regards,
Anton
langdall

Post by langdall »

In that case, can i uninstall and reinstall the profiler as many times as i want to move it around on my production servers using the same licence?

I don't need to profile my servers concurrently, i only to profile them during the first month of the production cycle. I don't want to be bound to a "profiling server".
Vladimir Kondratyev

Post by Vladimir Kondratyev »

You can uninstall profiler from one machine and install it on another one.

Best regards,
Vladimir Kondratyev
YourKit, LLC
http://www.yourkit.com
"Don't get lost in data, get information!"