Fully featured low overhead profiler for Java EE and Java SE platforms.
Ultimate profiling and monitoring solution for Gradle, Maven, Ant, JUnit and TestNG.
Easy to use performance and memory profiler for .NET framework.

Licences on remotely profiled application

Moderators: Vladimir Kondratyev, Anton Katilin

Licences on remotely profiled application

Postby langdall » Fri May 23, 2008 3:44 pm

Hi,

I plan to use YourKit to remotely profile QA, Pre Prod and Production ASP.Net application.

Is there a way to start the profiler on the remote server without using the profiler client application?

And if not, do i have to buy a licence for the remote server only to start profiling and another one for the client that connects to the profiled application?

In this scenario, i am only profiling one application using one profiler client.

Thank you
langdall

Postby Anton Katilin » Fri May 23, 2008 5:04 pm

Hello,

Is there a way to start the profiler on the remote server without using the profiler client application?

No.

And if not, do i have to buy a licence for the remote server only to start profiling and another one for the client that connects to the profiled application?

Yes.

Best regards,
Anton
Anton Katilin

Postby langdall » Fri May 23, 2008 7:24 pm

In that case, can i uninstall and reinstall the profiler as many times as i want to move it around on my production servers using the same licence?

I don't need to profile my servers concurrently, i only to profile them during the first month of the production cycle. I don't want to be bound to a "profiling server".
langdall

Postby Vladimir Kondratyev » Fri May 23, 2008 8:54 pm

You can uninstall profiler from one machine and install it on another one.

Best regards,
Vladimir Kondratyev
YourKit, LLC
http://www.yourkit.com
"Don't get lost in data, get information!"
Vladimir Kondratyev

Return to .NET Profiler