YourKit compatibility with PDA'S

Questions about YourKit Java Profiler
mykit

YourKit compatibility with PDA'S

Post by mykit »

Just started to know something about profilers..never used before..

I just wanted to know whether this tool is useful in profiling the java applications that runs on PDA's.

I could not find the pre-requisites for installing this software.would be helpful if you place them in FAQ List. Sorry if its already avaialable.if so please let me know.

thank you
mykit :)
speculatrix

Post by speculatrix »

I guess IF you wrote your app in such a way that you could run it on a regular linux or windows JVM, you could profile it.

To actually profile the app whilst running on a Palm, you'd probably have to emulate the palm with POSE, whilst installing a palm-native binary port of the libyjpagent library on the palm and have the palm connected to the GUI using bluetooth or wireless LAN for networking! It'd be a cool demo of the technology, but I suspect you'd spend a lot of time getting there, as well as a hard time persuading YJP to produce a palm port!

Have your thought about a light-weight memory profiler like the metaparadigm one?
http://oss.metaparadigm.com/jmemprof/
you'd have to do a little bit of work on the "viewer" as it's designed to run as a java servlet.

Paul