IntelliJ IDEA 4.5 plugin

Questions about YourKit Java Profiler
maniax

IntelliJ IDEA 4.5 plugin

Post by maniax »

Hi,

since I installed the yourkit IDEA plugin I'm having a problem with IntelliJ and webapp support. I cannot tell you for sure that this is caused by the plugin but I never had this issue before I installed the plugin. I cannot reproduce it but perhaps someone else got this problem.

Occasionally when profiling a webapp (local Tomcat) IDEA will "forget" the package settings from the Webmodule (ie. where you tell it to copy *.lib to /WEB-INF/lib). It will just reset everything to "Do not package".

I can hardly believe that this has anything to do with yourkit but as I said it didn't happen before so I figured to post it here and see if someone else encounters this issue.
Vladimir Kondratyev

Re: IntelliJ IDEA 4.5 plugin

Post by Vladimir Kondratyev »

maniax wrote:Hi,

since I installed the yourkit IDEA plugin I'm having a problem with IntelliJ and webapp support. I cannot tell you for sure that this is caused by the plugin but I never had this issue before I installed the plugin. I cannot reproduce it but perhaps someone else got this problem.

Occasionally when profiling a webapp (local Tomcat) IDEA will "forget" the package settings from the Webmodule (ie. where you tell it to copy *.lib to /WEB-INF/lib). It will just reset everything to "Do not package".

I can hardly believe that this has anything to do with yourkit but as I said it didn't happen before so I figured to post it here and see if someone else encounters this issue.
I do not think that the plugin might cause this bug. Perhaps something wrong with IDEA? Anyway if somebody elase is experienced with the same problem, please provide any hint how to reproduce it.