setting up license server needed?

Questions about YourKit Java Profiler
hgranqvist

setting up license server needed?

Post by hgranqvist »

We just got our floating license keys, and I am quite surprised to learn that apparently we have to stand up our own licensing server! I hope I am incorrect.

We have several use cases of this eminent profiler, both inside our VPN as well as outside of it, and setting up an externally accessible server endpoint (and dealing with the attack vectors on it) just to comply with software licensing is more than cumbersome. It takes very valuable engineering time to set up and maintain this server.

Regardless, the need to stand up your own server was never disclosed. At least I didn't see anything beyond purchase page that states "Floating licenses are managed by license server" and naturally, in 2015 you'd think there would be a *.yourkit.com address that we'd connect to for verification of keys, etc.

Am I correct that there is no YourKit hosted license server and we have to run our own?

How are you all dealing with this?

-Hans
Anton Katilin

Re: setting up license server needed?

Post by Anton Katilin »

Hello Hans

Yes, that's right, you have to locally install the license server to use the floating licenses. We're working on a centralized license server solution as well.

Meanwhile, please feel free to contact [email protected]
We'll help you to solve the problem.

Best regards,
Anton
Anton Katilin

Post by Anton Katilin »

Hello Hans

Now we host the license server, and it will be automatically used for new orders. To convert your existing license could you please contact [email protected] and specify the order number.

Best regards,
Anton
arodwin

Post by arodwin »

What is the address of the yourkit hosted license server?

Thanks,
Andrew
Anton Katilin

Post by Anton Katilin »

Hello Andrew

There is no address to be entered. Just enter the license key found via the license management URL.

Should you have any questions regarding your license please contact [email protected]

Best regards,
Anton