snapshot location / directory

Questions about YourKit Java Profiler
Alexander Jesse

snapshot location / directory

Post by Alexander Jesse »

Writing ant-tasks to automate part of the profiling, I have the requirement to control the location where the snapshots are written to.
Right now they always get written to the user's home-directory. I would prefer to be able to control the directory .
Is there a possibility to specify this location?
Vladimir Kondratyev

Post by Vladimir Kondratyev »

Yes, it's possible to do. YJP agent has "dir" option (java -Xrunyjpagent:dir=c:\mydir). All agent's options are listed by "java -Xrunyjpagent:help" command
jagadeesh

snapshot location/directory

Post by jagadeesh »

I use IntelliJ Idea and profile apps using the profile button in the IDE. What is the convenient way to redirect snapshots to a different location?

1. Create another run configuration and specify the -X option?
2. Use the default location and group them manually into folders?

In addition, to increase the memory for the profiler ui, the error message asks to start the yjp executable with a parameter. Is the implicit instruction that I create a bat file?

I am using windows 2000.
Anton Katilin

Post by Anton Katilin »

I use IntelliJ Idea and profile apps using the profile button in the IDE. What is the convenient way to redirect snapshots to a different location?

1. Create another run configuration and specify the -X option?
2. Use the default location and group them manually into folders?
You can also configure directory via UI (given you have plugin installed):
- in IDEA, open Run/Debug Configurations dialog
- select your run configuration (or "Edit Defaults" if you want to set up a template for new configuration should they be created)
- choose tab "Startup/Connections", select "Profile" in the list - profiler options appear
In addition, to increase the memory for the profiler ui, the error message asks to start the yjp executable with a parameter. Is the implicit instruction that I create a bat file?

I am using windows 2000.
You can create yjp.bat (in the same directory as yjp.exe) with line e.g.

Code: Select all

yjp.exe -Xmx500M
Papa Smurph

Post by Papa Smurph »

You can also just create a "windows shortcut" to yjp.exe and edit the command line there. Then you don't have a DOS window from the .bat file.