License and version query

Questions about YourKit Java Profiler
abhishek

License and version query

Post by abhishek »

Hi,

We are planning to buy the Yourkit license for both client and server side profiling purpose for our Project.We have following queries for which we require your solution
1-Currently project is running on JDK 1.5 and it would be upgraded to JDK 1.7 in december,so we want to know the Yourkit client and server side version compatible with JDK 1.5 and 1.7 both at the same time. Client proflilng -Windows os ;Server-AIx OS.

2-License key is YourKit version specific or independent ,as if we need to move to JDK 7 by this december ,again i need to purchase license or the purchase made for current requirement i.e. JDK 5 version compatible Yourkit license will work ?

thanks in advance,
Abhishek
Anton Katilin

Re: License and version query

Post by Anton Katilin »

Hello Abhishek

1. The latest version supporting Java 5 was 8.0.x:
http://www.yourkit.com/download/older.html
AIX support was added in version 10. So I'm afraid you cannot profile Java 5 applications on AIX.
You will be able to profile AIX applications running on Java 6 and newer.

2. The license is platform-independent.

Best regards,
Anton
abhishek

Post by abhishek »

My second concern was whether i need to again purchase a new license when i will move from yourkit 8.x to latest version of yourkit or update in version is free of cost?
Anton Katilin

Post by Anton Katilin »

If you purchase a license, you will be able to use the current version as well as older versions including 8.0.x.