High level yourkit architecture

Questions about YourKit Java Profiler
abhishek

High level yourkit architecture

Post by abhishek »

Hi ,
Please provide pictorial representation of yourkit high level architecture for client approval of yourkit.Find no success in google.

thanks in advance
Anton Katilin

Re: High level yourkit architecture

Post by Anton Katilin »

Hi,

Could you please clarify what you mean with the architecture. Is the following what you ask about?

The profiler agent communicates with the profiled JVM using JVMTI and JNI, to obtain profiling data.

The profiler UI (client), or API, or command line tool communicate with the profiler agent, locally or remotely.
They switch profiling modes and obtain profiling data.

Profiling data can be intermediately shown in the profiler UI, or saved for future analysis (snapshot capture).
Snapshots can be opened with the profiler UI or with the API (limited) or exported to external form.

Best regards,
Anton
abhishek

Post by abhishek »

Hi Anton,
This is exact thing i am asking in some diagrams or pictorial representations.I need the flow of how yourkit communicates with the jvm and analyses varrious profiles.

thanks in advance
abhishek

Post by abhishek »

Hi Anton,
Urgent requirement of architecture diagram ,as will be required for Yourkit client approval presentation.
thanks in advance
Anton Katilin

Post by Anton Katilin »

Sorry, we don't have a graphics diagram of this kind at the moment.
Meanwhile you can offer the textual description I've provided, or compose a graphical one on its base.