comparison between jprofiler and yourkit

Questions about YourKit Java Profiler
abhishek

comparison between jprofiler and yourkit

Post by abhishek »

Could you cite me some valuable difference between jprofiler and yourkit? .As it will help me make a choice between the two .
Anton Katilin

Re: comparison between jprofiler and yourkit

Post by Anton Katilin »

In what area would you like them to be compared?

Anyway, we at YourKit believe YourKit is superior. Its strength is that it provides far more powerful analysis capabilities and better suits profiling of real life applications.

The benefits of YourKit:
http://www.yourkit.com/overview/
http://www.yourkit.com/benefits/
abhishek

comparison between Jprobe and yourkit

Post by abhishek »

Hi Anton,
We are looking feature wise comparison between Jprobe and Yourkit as we are currently using Jprobe in our project environment and we wanted to know the benefit and feature if we go for Yourkit and we have very large scale application and we need to profile both server side and client side.

Regards,
Abhishek
Anton Katilin

Re: comparison between jprofiler and yourkit

Post by Anton Katilin »

Hi Abhishek

We as a vendor prefer not to give feature-to-feature comparison with other products, because it is mostly important not only to compare WHAT is offered but HOW it is made, how good it works etc.

YourKit is designed to work with large scale applications and even in production. I'm pretty sure you will be able to solve all your profiling needs with YourKit.

Furthermore, JProbe has seen its last update back in 2010. You may consider it is an abandoned product. It's up to you to decide whether it makes sense to stay with such a product.

If you know a feature in JProbe which you find missing in YourKit please let us know. We'll either suggest you how to better solve the task with existing YourKit features, or plan adding new functionality.

Best regards,
Anton