Missing ide-integration.config file

Questions about YourKit Java Profiler
aljipa

Missing ide-integration.config file

Post by aljipa »

Hello,
For some reason my YourKit profiler fails to create this config file within .yjp folder.
I tried reinstalling, juggling with security permissions but all is in vain. I would like to know the reason very much, but for now it will perfectly do if I have sample configuration contents so that I can customize the paths.
Could anyone, please, provide me with ide-integration.config contents. It should reside <user_home>/.yjp.
Anton Katilin

Re: Missing ide-integration.config file

Post by Anton Katilin »

Someone else's configuration won't help you because it does not contain your particular profiler installation detail. Let us instead find the reason why it can't be created.

Which version of the profiler do you use?

What is the platform? Please provide the output of uname -a

Do you run the profiler and the IDE under the same user?

What happens in particular when the file "fails to create"? What is the error message etc.?
abhishek

Post by abhishek »

missing ide-integration.config file message coming in ide on clicking profile icon. :roll:
profiler version-2013 build 13076
java version-1.7 64 bit
platform-windows 7 64 bit
eclipse version-3.6
user is same for ide and profiler
there is no ide-integration.config file under user\.yjp folder.Urgent help required.thanks in advance.
Anton Katilin

Post by Anton Katilin »

It seems you have plugin from an older version of the profiler installed. Please manually uninstall it from within Eclipse, then install the new plugin by using the "integrate with IDE" in YourKit Java Profiler 2013.
abhishek

Post by abhishek »

Thanks for the speedy reply.i also tried with lastest plugin as directed by profiler.but getting an different error message "chosen option not availble" .is there anything else to be done apart from the document steps to integrate profiler to my ide??
abhishek

Post by abhishek »

on the profiler getting a error message when trying to open ide editor for any java file."cannot detect running ide with up-to-date" profiler plugin installed.please make sure you have used "integrate with ide"...action to install the plugin and ide is running.

whereas plugin was installed according to the "integrate with ide' link .
Anton Katilin

Post by Anton Katilin »

What is the content of <user home>/.yjp/log/ide-plugin.log ?
abhishek

Post by abhishek »

sorry no such file is there
abhishek

Post by abhishek »

is these are the shortcomings of trial version???as i am currently using trial version only
Anton Katilin

Post by Anton Katilin »

is these are the shortcomings of trial version???
No. The evaluation version is fully functional.
sorry no such file is there
This means the plugin was not loaded. Either the installation failed or it did not load for some reason. Could you please provide the Eclipse log.

Anyway, you can try to reinstall Eclipse and then install the plugin again. The problem which you experience may be related with some cached data in Eclipse.

Or try a newer version of Eclipse.
abhishek

Post by abhishek »

thanks a lot Anton for your valuable resolution.installed 3.6.2 helios now everything working fine. :)
abhishek

Post by abhishek »

I am launching my application using jar files.when i am trying to open any file from profiler using the option open in ide editor,not able to see the java file referenced by profiler.is there any way to open jar files ??
Anton Katilin

Post by Anton Katilin »

First of all, the source code is opened in Eclipse and by Eclipse. The profiler plugin only instructs Eclipse to open this or that method or class by its name.

So, Eclipse must have the source code for corresponding classes to open it.

Please ensure the JARs you profile have associated source code in Eclipse project settings.
abhishek

Post by abhishek »

Using jadclipse decompiler plugin was able to get the source code. Thanks.. Looking for same valuable and intime support from your side. :-)
Anton Katilin

Post by Anton Katilin »

Could you please clarify: is the problem resolved now?