Eclipse Working Directory Error

Questions about YourKit Java Profiler
wcrisman

Eclipse Working Directory Error

Post by wcrisman »

I have successfully installed and setup to profile applications in eclipse. I am unable to get the startup of the application via the profile menu to use the proper working directory. This is of course causing errors in finding the property files required to run the application. I checked the path and it is pointing to my OS home directory instead of the path I have set in the run dialog under 'working directory'. Is there a fix for this? I am running Eclipse 3.0 build 200406251208 on win2k with yourkit 3.0 build 431.
Anton Katilin

Post by Anton Katilin »

Hi,

I've tried the following example with the same Eclipse and YourKit versions as yours, and it worked fine.

-------------------

import java.io.File;

public class MainClass {
public static void main(String[] args) throws Exception {
System.out.println(new File(".").getCanonicalPath());
}
}

---------------------

This code prints working directory. All changes in "Profile" -> "Arguments" -> "Working directory" are properly reflected for me.

Could you please provide more details regarding the case when you experience the problem?
wcrisman

Post by wcrisman »

I found the problem. I had earlier installed the Hydes plugin which was not playing nice with YourKit. I disabled it and the profiling output for the test code appears to be correct now.

Thank you for the help.
Wynne
Vladimir Kondratyev

Post by Vladimir Kondratyev »

Couldn't you please send us URL where we can download "Hydes" plugin... Perhaps we could implement some workaround to make our users' life as comfortable as possible (even with "Hydes" plugin) :)
wcrisman

Post by wcrisman »

Sorry... I miss spelled that. The Hyades (not a word I spell often) project is one of the eclipse tools projects and can be found at http://www.eclipse.org/tools/index.html