Eclipse 3.0.2 integration on OS X

Questions about YourKit Java Profiler
Christian Roth

Eclipse 3.0.2 integration on OS X

Post by Christian Roth »

Hello,

I have installed the profiler plugin in eclipse as described. I can successfully start profiling an application from within eclipse.

However, whenever I use the contextual menu item "Open Declaration in IDE editor...", I get the message dialog:

"YourKit Java Profiler 5.0.8 | Cannot detect running IDE with up-to-date profiler plugin installed. Please make sure..." etc.

I have already performed the "Integrate with IDE..." several times as described, re-launched eclipse and the Profiler.

Is the IDE integration supposed to work with eclipse 3.0.2 on Mac OS X? How can I go about cleanly re-installing the plugin? (I used an earlier 5.0.x build during the evaluation period.)

Regards, Christian.
Anton Katilin

Post by Anton Katilin »

Hi,

Please try the version 5.1 (early access) - http://www.yourkit.com/eap

Does it solve the problem?

Best regards,
Anton
Christian Roth

Post by Christian Roth »

Unfortunately, this doesn't help. I even updated to eclipse 3.1.1 for Mac OS X and tried running YJP 5.1b800, but the issue remains: Even if I install the IDE integration as described (I verified that eclipse knows about that component and that it is the latest version), trying to use any of the "Open Declaration in IDE editor <F7>" commands does result in the mentioned error message "Cannot detect runing IDE..." though eclipse *is* running, and the profiling session was started directly from eclipse (i.e., YJP was automatically launched as a result of the profile command of eclipse).

Are there any steps beyond those I mentioned above to make it work? Any other pre-requisites? Any specific compiler options I need to set in eclipse? Does the F7 command work on your installation?

Thanks, Christian
Anton Katilin

Post by Anton Katilin »

I've just checked the combination build 800 + Eclipse 3.1, and all worked fine for me, both with the profiler UI started not from Eclipse and with started from Eclipse.

Is there anything special in your Mac configuration?

What Java version is written in profiler's About window?

In Eclipse's?

What is the exact Mac OS X version?

Best regards,
Anton
Christian Roth

Post by Christian Roth »

I today upgraded to EAP 804 and eclipse 3.1.2, and sure enough, it now works as expected. I don't know which of the changes finally did the trick, however.

Thanks for spending time looking into this!

Regards, Christian.
Anton Katilin

Post by Anton Katilin »

Hi,

Thank you for the note.

Best regards,
Anton