Fully featured low overhead profiler for Java EE and Java SE platforms.
Performance monitoring and profiling of Jenkins, TeamCity, Gradle, Maven, Ant, JUnit and TestNG.
Easy to use performance and memory profiler for .NET framework.

IntelliJ plugin - failing to appear

Moderators: Vladimir Kondratyev, Anton Katilin

IntelliJ plugin - failing to appear

Postby dr-grim » Thu Sep 23, 2004 2:57 pm

Hi,

Just downloaded the trial of YourKit, and installed the plugin. It's copied a .jar into <intellij>/plugins, rather than a full subdir in <>/plugins.

It it not appearing under the plugins settings, nor are any menus/buttons appearing. It's as if it has been ignored!

Does it work with IntelliJ 4.5? (I'm using build 2226)? Or has something strange happened on my machine...

Cheers,

Ian
dr-grim

Postby Vladimir Kondratyev » Thu Sep 23, 2004 4:07 pm

Plugin works only with IntelliJ IDEA 4.5
Vladimir Kondratyev

Postby dr-grim » Thu Sep 23, 2004 4:13 pm

Just to clarify:

I'm in effect using 4.5.1 - so I need to revert to a 4.5 build?

Thanks for the quick response,

Ian
dr-grim

Postby Anton Katilin » Thu Sep 23, 2004 4:20 pm

Plugin works with 4.5.1 as well as with 4.5.

Could you please clarify: did you use "Integrate with IDE" action or have you copied any jars manually?
Anton Katilin

Postby Anton Katilin » Thu Sep 23, 2004 4:32 pm

Just a thought: maybe you have 2 versions of IDEA installed, 4.5 and 4.5.1, and you have installed a plugin to a wrong one?

Just to be sure that plugin does not start: could you please make sure that submenu "Run" in the main menu does not contain "Profile" near "Run" and "Debug" items.
Anton Katilin

Postby dr-grim » Fri Sep 24, 2004 9:12 am

"More than one copy of IDEA installed" - spot on.

My symbolic link to the latest version of IDEA was out of sync - I was launching an earlier version without realising. Duh!

It now appears neatly with its own shortcut Icon, and a new entry in the Run menu.

Thanks for that one!

Sometimes it is so obvious, its hard to see what's wrong... :-)

Ian
dr-grim

Return to Java Profiler