deobfuscation: ZKM Support

Questions about YourKit Java Profiler
ArgyVonBargy

deobfuscation: ZKM Support

Post by ArgyVonBargy »

Hi

I'm trying to use the automatic deobfuscation support, I'm using ZKM and it works find for some of the information however I notice that it isn't handling the method names or the line numbers. Is this a known issue?

This is what I'm seeing:

Code: Select all

com.product.various.information.Reader.dci(Information,FileObject) dbfi.java:59
This is what I'd expect for this line:

Code: Select all

com.product.various.information.Reader.readFile(Information,FileObject) Reader.java:85
Anton Katilin

Re: deobfuscation: ZKM Support

Post by Anton Katilin »

Hi,

Method names should be deobfuscated. Have you reloaded the snapshot / reconnected to the profiled instance after specifying the obfuscation log file?

Could you please send to [email protected] the problematic snapshot file (a download link) and the ZKM obfuscation log file.
ArgyVonBargy

Post by ArgyVonBargy »

Thanks - I've just posted a response (made a simple test project that exhibits the issue).
Anton Katilin

Post by Anton Katilin »

Thank you, we have received your email. We're investigating your case.
Anton Katilin

Post by Anton Katilin »

Update:

We found that the method name deobfuscation works in the latest released version YJP 2021.3 just fine. The problem was with some older unsupported version.

However, the line number deobfuscation is not available in the current version. It will be added in the next release. The Early Access Program (EAP) will start soon, and this new functionality will be included to the very first EAP build.