Problem with profiling remote application

Questions about YourKit Java Profiler
tateviko

Problem with profiling remote application

Post by tateviko »

Hi,

I have following problem when trying to configure yourkit tool for remote profiling.
I want to profile an application that runs on a remote linux virtual machine from my local windows machine.
For this I have installed "YourKit Java Profiler 2021.3-b231" on my local windows machine and also installed agent on the remote linux virtual machine. I have downloaded both from https://www.yourkit.com/java/profiler/download/.
On my remote linux virtual machine I added following command line argument for the agent: "-agentpath:/home/yourkitagent/YourKit-JavaProfiler-2021.3-b231/YourKit-JavaProfiler-2021.3/bin/linux-x86-64/libyjpagent.so=listen=all"
On my local windows machine I successfully connected to the remote linux by ssh and can see that agent is configured and 10001 port is allocated for it. The icon is green and I am able to open http://<IP_Address>:10001 in browser on my local windows machine.
The problem is that when I try to connect to the remote application from YourKit tool on local windows machine I get following error message:
There's no application running at 127.0.01 with profiler agent configured to listen on port 57126 or profiler agent is incompatible with current version of profiler.
Unexpected end of file.

Thanks in advance.
Anton Katilin

Re: Problem with profiling remote application

Post by Anton Katilin »

Hello,

It seems some problem happens during the communication. Is there a firewall between the machines?

Could you please send the profiler log files to [email protected]

- the profiler agent log file from the remote machine: ~/.yjp/log/<session name>-<pid>.log

- the profiler UI log file from the local machine: <user home>/.yjp/log/profiler-ui-<pid>.log
tateviko

Post by tateviko »

Hi Anton,

Firewall on the remote virtual machine is disabled but it is enabled on my local windows machine.
I added YourKit to the allowed apps list of the firewall on my machine but it didn't help.
I sent logs to the mentioned address.

Thanks a lot for the quick response.
Anton Katilin

Post by Anton Katilin »

We answered your email.
jano

Post by jano »

Have you been able to fix it? I have exactly the same problem as you described.
Anton Katilin

Post by Anton Katilin »

The problem was solved by using Simple application discovery mode instead of Advanced in the connection dialog.