Unable to capture snapshot from resin

Questions about YourKit Java Profiler
[email protected]

Unable to capture snapshot from resin

Post by [email protected] »

I have used YourKit at previous companies and I really like it. I am currently running on a demo version 2020.9-b424. It seems like my company has a license agreement so I will likely be getting a license soon. I have successfully integrated with Eclipse and I have retrieved Snapshots from apps run within Eclipse. I am now trying to retrieve a snapshot from a local J2EE server (resin). I am able to attach and start collecting CPU stats, etc. However, when I click on Capture Performance Snapshot, it starts to communicate with the agent but then consumes 100% CPU. I have let it run for about 10 minutes or so, but it seems like it will not be able to recover. I have to kill the process. It is 100% reproducible on my Mac. Any pointers would be appreciated.
Thanks!
Anton Katilin

Re: Unable to capture snapshot from resin

Post by Anton Katilin »

Hello,

Looks like a new issue.

Could you please send to [email protected] the following logs:
- the profiler UI log file ~/.yjp/log/profiler-ui-<pid>.log
- the profiler agent log file ~/.yjp/log/<session name>-<pid>.log

Could you please also check if the problem is reproducible with version 2021.3 EAP: https://www.yourkit.com/eap
[email protected]

Re: Unable to capture snapshot from resin

Post by [email protected] »

Hmmm. The problem went away. It must have known I was collecting logs to send to you so it stopped being difficult. If it reappears I'll know what log files to pick up right away. Thanks for your help.
John