YourKit with AWS Session Manager

Questions about YourKit Java Profiler
dhearn

YourKit with AWS Session Manager

Post by dhearn »

Hi - we are evaluating use of AWS Session Manager for access to our Amazon EC2 instances without having to whitelist IP addresses of our technical staff (as we currently do for SSH access). The only thing left to get working is YourKit access and I've not been successful getting it to work thus far. Note that I'm trying to use YK without having to pre-load the agent in our Tomcat instances (the production workloads we want to monitor). This all works fine if I specify the public IP address, the normal SSH port (22) and the SSH user. With Session Manager, I get a "Failed to connect to..." message. Has anyone done this or have some advice on how it could be done?
Thanks,
Dave Hearn
Anton Katilin

Re: YourKit with AWS Session Manager

Post by Anton Katilin »

Hi Dave,

Just to clarify: you attach from the profiler UI. The configuration with the public IP address, port 22 and the SSH user works, but the alternate IP/port/user does not. Is this correct?

It's not a known AWS specific issue, however, please try the following generic suggestions.

1. Could you please provide the full exception message and stack trace from the profiler UI log file from your local machine: <user home>/.yjp/log/profiler-ui-<pid>.log
In case of doubt please send entire log file to [email protected]

2. Please ensure you correctly specified all connection parameters. Do you authenticate with a key file or a password? If a password or passphrase are needed, please specify them in the profiler UI.