Fully featured low overhead profiler for Java EE and Java SE platforms.
Easy to use performance and memory profiler for .NET Framework.
Performance monitoring and profiling of Jenkins, Bamboo, TeamCity, Gradle, Maven, Ant and JUnit.

License server log

Moderators: Vladimir Kondratyev, Anton Katilin

License server log

Postby ghostman » Fri Oct 02, 2020 11:18 pm

I'm trying to determine the usage of YourKit at my company - is there a way to view a usage log via HTTP?
Do I have to SSH into the server to see the logs?

Thank you
James
ghostman

Re: License server log

Postby Anton Katilin » Mon Oct 05, 2020 2:28 pm

Hello James,

Do you mean the floating license server logs?

If you use the license server hosted at yourkit.com you can see the current license usage on your license management page. There is no historical data available.

If you host the license server locally please see its log file. It records each license take or release. Current usage can be seen at http://<server address>:<port>/status

Best regards,
Anton
Anton Katilin

Postby ghostman » Mon Oct 05, 2020 8:21 pm

I'm trying to determine if our company is still using yourkit at our previous activity levels as part of my assessment of new licensing numbers.

It would be really handy to see the past year of usage or similar, see how many were used over a period of time.
ghostman

Postby ghostman » Mon Oct 05, 2020 9:16 pm

augh.. I can't edit my post.. lol

How do I get to the logs? I assume I need to SSH into the machine and find the logs.
ghostman

Postby Anton Katilin » Tue Oct 06, 2020 8:58 am

Yes. If you host the license server locally, you need to access the machine where it runs to access the logs. You need further assistance please contact [email protected] and provide your license key.
Anton Katilin

Return to Java Profiler