Fully featured low overhead profiler for Java EE and Java SE platforms.
Easy to use performance and memory .NET profiler for Windows and Linux.
Performance monitoring and profiling of Jenkins, Bamboo, TeamCity, Gradle, Maven, Ant and JUnit.

No application running or profiler agent incompatible error

Moderators: Vladimir Kondratyev, Anton Katilin

No application running or profiler agent incompatible error

Postby blu » Wed Aug 19, 2020 3:28 pm

Hi,

I'm profiling a remote application and an running into
Code: Select all
There's no application running at localhost with profiler agent configured to listen on port 8924 or profiler agent is incompatible with current version of profiler
when I click on any of the start profiling actions (ex: start monitor profiling, start cpu tracing, ...).

I have my remote Java 11 application running on a server with yourkit agent version
YourKit Java Profiler 2019.8-b110
and an ssh tunnel configured to that port locally.

I can visit https://localhost:8924 and see my Yourkit Profiler Agent Summary.

The weird thing is that after I click a start action (ex: start monitor profiling), I receive the
No application running or profiler agent incompatible
error, but then I refresh https://localhost:8924 and see that the monitor profiling did indeed start with status=running in the profiling activities section of the summary page.

My local YourKit UI version is 2020.7 b369.

Any help is appreciated in resolving this! Thanks
blu

Re: No application running or profiler agent incompatible er

Postby Vladimir Kondratyev » Wed Aug 19, 2020 7:33 pm

Profiler UI says that it is incompatible with remote agent. You must use agent from version 2020.7 if you use UI from 2020.7.
Vladimir Kondratyev

Return to Java Profiler