Fully featured low overhead profiler for Java EE and Java SE platforms.
Performance monitoring and profiling of Jenkins, TeamCity, Gradle, Maven, Ant, JUnit and TestNG.
Easy to use performance and memory profiler for .NET framework.

CANNOT HANDLE ACTIVATION REQUEST

Moderators: Vladimir Kondratyev, Anton Katilin

CANNOT HANDLE ACTIVATION REQUEST

Postby nberkowi » Mon Apr 06, 2020 9:51 pm

I am a new customer.

I can access your site https://yourkit.com (implies port 443) using a browser on my desktop, configured through a proxy server, without any issue.

However, I cannot activate my "floating license" using a proxy configuration setting in the profiler that is equivalent to my browser, which is https://web-proxymain.us.bank-dns.com on port 3128. It refuses to establish a connection. "No Proxy" also refuses to establish a connection

Further, if this is credential issue with username/password, there is no documentation as to what "format" username/password should be entered into the c:\users\<XYZ>.yjp\ui.ini should be.

Can you please help, thanks, Neil Berkowitz
nberkowi

Re: CANNOT HANDLE ACTIVATION REQUEST

Postby Anton Katilin » Tue Apr 07, 2020 6:10 pm

Hello Neil,

Proxy user name and password should be specified in ui.ini as plain text via properties -Dyk.proxy.user and -Dyk.proxy.password.

By default, ui.ini contains a template for setting these properties which is commented out:

# Uncomment to configure HTTP/SOCKS proxy user and password (if proxy requires authentication):
# -Dyk.proxy.user=put_proxy_user_here
# -Dyk.proxy.password=put_proxy_password_here

Please uncomment (remove #) and provide the user and the password.

If it still doesn't work please contact [email protected] and provide the profiler log file <user home>/.yjp/log/profiler-ui-<PID>.log

Best regards,
Anton
Anton Katilin

Return to Java Profiler