CLI Method for Launching GUI to host:port

Questions about YourKit Java Profiler
mkw

CLI Method for Launching GUI to host:port

Post by mkw »

Is there any sort of CLI tool that can be used to launch the GUI to a specific connection? Ideally with SSH, but w/o is fine -- I'm trying to automate creating a connection easily from an internal tool.

A URL format for the same that was registered in the system would be even better.

--Mike
Anton Katilin

Re: CLI Method for Launching GUI to host:port

Post by Anton Katilin »

Hello Mike

Currently there is no command line option for yourkit.jar to launch the profiler UI with opening host:port.

There is an option -agentport=<port> which is used internally by the profiler plugin's action "Profile" for launching the profiler UI and connecting to given profiled process. This option assumes the host is always "localhost", but I think you can try using it if you manually establish port forwarding e.g. via an SSH tunnel.

Best regards,
Anton
mkw

Post by mkw »

Thanks -- I think that that will be sufficient in the short run. In the long run, a URL format would be ideal because I could create clickable links in some of our internal tools when profiling was enabled.

--Mike
Anton Katilin

Post by Anton Katilin »

Hi Mike

> a URL format would be ideal

Could you please describe your suggestion in more detail.

Will it help if we add yourkit.jar option "-connect host:port" for direct connection?

Best regards,
Anton