Fully featured low overhead profiler for Java EE and Java SE platforms.
Performance monitoring and profiling of Jenkins, TeamCity, Gradle, Maven, Ant, JUnit and TestNG.
Easy to use performance and memory profiler for .NET framework.

CLI Method for Launching GUI to host:port

Moderators: Vladimir Kondratyev, Anton Katilin

CLI Method for Launching GUI to host:port

Postby mkw » Fri Feb 21, 2020 10:04 pm

Is there any sort of CLI tool that can be used to launch the GUI to a specific connection? Ideally with SSH, but w/o is fine -- I'm trying to automate creating a connection easily from an internal tool.

A URL format for the same that was registered in the system would be even better.

--Mike
mkw

Re: CLI Method for Launching GUI to host:port

Postby Anton Katilin » Mon Feb 24, 2020 8:03 am

Hello Mike

Currently there is no command line option for yourkit.jar to launch the profiler UI with opening host:port.

There is an option -agentport=<port> which is used internally by the profiler plugin's action "Profile" for launching the profiler UI and connecting to given profiled process. This option assumes the host is always "localhost", but I think you can try using it if you manually establish port forwarding e.g. via an SSH tunnel.

Best regards,
Anton
Anton Katilin

Postby mkw » Mon Feb 24, 2020 4:41 pm

Thanks -- I think that that will be sufficient in the short run. In the long run, a URL format would be ideal because I could create clickable links in some of our internal tools when profiling was enabled.

--Mike
mkw

Postby Anton Katilin » Tue Feb 25, 2020 7:57 am

Hi Mike

> a URL format would be ideal

Could you please describe your suggestion in more detail.

Will it help if we add yourkit.jar option "-connect host:port" for direct connection?

Best regards,
Anton
Anton Katilin

Return to Java Profiler