JDeveloper plugin

Questions about YourKit Java Profiler
Sascha Herrmann

JDeveloper plugin

Post by Sascha Herrmann »

When will we see a JDeveloper 10.1.3 plugin?

An EA version is available which is - from what I hear - pretty much stable extension wise.

In mid December I will hold a memory profiling workshop here at GE and I would like to use JDev 10.1.3 because I want to use the telemetry interface as well. Since JDev 10.1.3 is the first Java 5 compliant version of JDeveloper I will pretty much have to use this.

And I would appreciate some hints on profiling the native heap on Windows. I read some articles on this topic, but they all pretty much say that this is very hard to do if you cannot compile the DLLs yourself.

Thanks,

Sascha Herrmann
Vladimir Kondratyev

Post by Vladimir Kondratyev »

When will we see a JDeveloper 10.1.3 plugin?
Soon. We already have preview of JDeveloper 10.1.3 and already started to investigate changes in JDeveloper API.
And I would appreciate some hints on profiling the native heap on Windows. I read some articles on this topic, but they all pretty much say that this is very hard to do if you cannot compile the DLLs yourself.
currently we have no plans to produce native heap profiler.
Sascha Herrmann

Post by Sascha Herrmann »

Thanks. Good to hear.

When you guys suspect a memory leak in the native heap ... what do you do to find it?

Sascha
Vladimir Kondratyev

Post by Vladimir Kondratyev »

1) Review the code
2) Use some tools (but often they are useless or unusable in complex situations). For example, http://www.valgrind.org
3) We are trying to eliminate as much native code as possible